Sunday 10 May 2015

healthy banana overnight oats

Today, I'd like to share with you my favourite recipe for overnight oats. It literally only takes ten minutes to prepare the night before, and serves either two people, or lasts two days. Enjoy!


Ingredients
1 cup of oats
1 cup (240ml) milk
1-2 bananas
1tsp vanilla extract
2tsp honey
Pinch of sea salt
Dark chocolate chips

Method
1. Slice bananas and microwave for 30-45 seconds. I tend to use 1.5 bananas and microwave first for 30 seconds, stir, and then microwave again for another 15 or so.
2. Combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a mason jar, or other airtight container.
3. Shake!
4. Leave in fridge for at least 4 hours, or ideally overnight.
5. Before eating, add the chocolate chips.

Clockwise from top left: banana with oats; all ingredients; close up of all ingredients

And there you go! Yummy, healthy breakfast! Since I swapped my normal cereal for this, I have had a lot more energy and noticed a little less bloating, so all's good! Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment